We have experience across a wide range of sectors and business areas which allows us to offer our clients innovative solutions to their environmental challenges.
We strive to answer a broad scope of wildlife related questions by employing statistically robust techniques to better understand the spatial and temporal patterns in wildlife data. Using survey, observational, and telemetry data, we perform a variety of quantitative analyses.
We aim to deliver quality analysis results. Our technical and analytical expertise provides a strong foundation for automating workflows and applying state of the art analysis techniques across a variety of software platforms. Our telemetry services offer a comprehensive suite of workflows and analyses to maximize the benefit of collar data, from data processing and management, to sophisticated spatio-temporal analyses and data reporting.
- Biodiversity and home range mapping
- Field data collection applications
- Wildlife movement animations and analysis
- Connectivity corridor and barrier identification
- Digital and print communication materials and atlases
Environmental & Forest Land Management
We recognize the value of spatial data to inform environmental management decisions and monitor landscape change, providing a balanced view towards ecological, cultural, economic, and sustainable forest management priorities. Data analyses illuminate the complex processes that exist within natural systems and environments.
Our breadth of experience investigating environmental issues ensures we understand all aspects of biophysical and ecological datasets, including: the collection of field data, streamlined data management workflows, robust analysis, and the effective interpretation and communication of results to a wide audience. We excel at developing custom software applications to assist in forest monitoring and management efforts by integrating techniques for detecting spatial and temporal change.
- Watershed management and statistics
- Wetlands and riparian habitat modeling
- Image classification, land cover and land use mapping
- Resource inventories (Vegetation Resource Inventory, Sensitive Ecosystem Inventories)
- Mountain pine beetle impact and white bark pine mapping
- Change detection using multi-temporal datasets and imagery
- Landslide and terrain analysis
To support environmental monitoring and mining initiatives, we have worked in collaboration with resource management teams throughout North and South America. Our services help manage and analyze data collected from both proposed and operational sites..
We have developed technical solutions to support mining, mineral exploration, and oil and gas operations including the development of databases for geological and geotechnical data, water quality and material monitoring, custom web applications displaying real-time land ownership and site locations, and environmental screening applications for project site assessments.
- Environmental, geotechnical, and geological database applications
- Web applications displaying land ownership and site locations
- Cartographic mapping and figure production
- Environmental and cumulative effect assessments
- Wildlife, fisheries and water quality monitoring
- Anthropogenic disturbance mapping
- Constraints mapping to facilitate site selection
- 3D borehole analysis
Urban Development & Regional Planning
We have extensive experience developing datasets to support urban and regional planning goals. We appreciate the complexities of multi-use spaces and use innovative data capture techniques and modeling approaches for scenario planning, constraints analysis, and space use strategies.
By collating, updating, and analyzing community data, we aim to support local planning efforts and initiatives. We offer unique approaches to data management, development, and analysis for multiscale decision making and consultation.
- Land cover and land use mapping
- Development constraints modeling
- QA/QC program design
- Online map services and spatial data repositories
- Presentation materials for community consultation