We are a small team of dedicated professionals who promote a healthy work-life balance through flexible scheduling and ample opportunity for professional development.
Caslys Consulting Ltd., located on the Saanich Peninsula just outside of Victoria, B.C., provides services related to all aspects of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing, database and web mapping application development. Our projects span study areas throughout North and South America with a focus on northern and western Canada. We are currently looking for a Developer with 3-5+ years experience working with open source technologies. This position may be a 3-6 month contract or permanent full-time.
In addition to a technical diploma in IT, GIS, or a degree in geography, biology or another relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, the successful applicant must have 3 to 5+ years of development experience and experience with the following technologies/tools:
- Apache Tomcat, Windows Server 2012, Windows Java SE 8, SQL Server, GeoServer, GeoNetwork
- Maven, Git (and GitHub), Ant, Eclipse IDE or JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access)
- Efficient time management skills, able to work under pressure and remain organized
- Be results-oriented; strong problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail; be able to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in:
- ESRI ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE
- Python scripting
- ISO Geospatial Metadata standards
- OGC Services (e.g. WMS)
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org